ok...I styled it



Do you ever take a "mental health" day? I'm taking one today. It's just too cold here on the "riviera" to  head outside. I've been enjoying that second cup of tea while taking a Friday morning blog stroll. I stopped by one of my favorite spots, La Dolfina, a decorating and lifestyle blog, originating from California, and authored by the stylish Therese Long. (Check out her etsy shop too, she has fabulous things.)
Today La Dolfina,  and several other bloggers, are showcasing their own coffee tables that they have styled. Some are professional decorators, while others are design obsessed bloggers. If you want to find out more, head over to her site, (address below) check out her table, and get directions to the other participant's blogs.  








Disclaimer: I did not "style" my coffee table. This is how it always is. It's not fabulous or anything, but it works for me.





Everything on the table means something to me. Nothing was expensive. 
My favorite British mags, insulator collection, found antler and coral, capture my style, or lack of it.





This pretty old box holds the fireplace matches.




The table is large and square and you can see the rug through it. It has plenty of room for drinks,  food, and feet.... yes, feet....USE your table.




Above is my favorite bouquet. (oyster shell ball) I love it because it represents where I live (beach/bay community) and more importantly, you don't have to water it.

 *If there was a thought bubble over my dog's head: "you're an idiot". 



Have a great weekend!

-k-






Comments

  1. You are soooo funny!!!!
    Correction: your coffee table is fabulous and it works for me too!!! Not kidding , it really is great. We are kindred spirits because I feel like I found most of those things on your table:)
    That couch is nothing short of amazing! When I said a little leopard never hurt... Well you get it... In spades!!!
    So glad you jumped in to our design project and for the record I didn't change mine either:)
    XO
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I love how the oriental rug adds to the mix!!!
    Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww.....thanks T.
    I was obsessed with Carole Radzwill's Scalamandre LeTigre sofa that she inherited from her mother-in-law....stumbled upon a bolt of tiger patterned corduroy at Artee a couple of months ago, and went for it.....never looking back! I just hope mine lasts as long as hers....50 + years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very nice indeed - beautiful and functional. I have a messy one that I dump stuff on and upstairs I have a "pretty" ish one where it's neat and ready for Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that every last thing on it has meaning for you. And I will have to disagree with your pup.

    Have a fab weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Kathy! Will be visiting that blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grew up on the coast, never saw an oyster shell arrangement.

    Luff.

    XO T

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to do so. Unfortunately, I have been getting bulk spam, so I have enabled word verification (temporarily I hope) to try and put a stop to it. Thank you for understanding! k

Popular Posts